M.D Dinesh Nair
THE MUSINGS OF A LOVER
As he was walking in the shadow of a dozing tree,
His moon beamed touching his face
Then he remembered her, his love
As one who came to his door step long before.
HE often said to her, 'Oh, Angel'let's share the life,
And he made promises to bring fragrance from the skies.
They wanted to weave dreams of co webs
In their castle of promises and sighs.
But she laughed without trusting him
And she wanted to be with someone taller sooner
Who would ransack her unveiled frame often
And they were both relegated to woman and man.
Then, a new civilization emerged in her world
And it mingled in the soil of her lust and despair.
Today she is silent and silent
Like the sky that has seen storms many.
As he returned from his walk, he saw a monstrous cloud
That savoured his moon and he looked dull.
Then he remembered her his lost love
As one who could have gone to her man`s door step first.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Here is the he tale of a lover who failed the lust of his lady love.
Comments about this poem (THE MUSINGS OF A LOVER by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Frozen sentiments, hasmukh amathalal
- I sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku ' Dray ', miken newman
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)