M.D Dinesh Nair
THE MUSINGS OF A LOVER
As he was walking in the shadow of a dozing tree,
His moon beamed touching his face
Then he remembered her, his love
As one who came to his door step long before.
HE often said to her, 'Oh, Angel'let's share the life,
And he made promises to bring fragrance from the skies.
They wanted to weave dreams of co webs
In their castle of promises and sighs.
But she laughed without trusting him
And she wanted to be with someone taller sooner
Who would ransack her unveiled frame often
And they were both relegated to woman and man.
Then, a new civilization emerged in her world
And it mingled in the soil of her lust and despair.
Today she is silent and silent
Like the sky that has seen storms many.
As he returned from his walk, he saw a monstrous cloud
That savoured his moon and he looked dull.
Then he remembered her his lost love
As one who could have gone to her man`s door step first.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Here is the he tale of a lover who failed the lust of his lady love.
Comments about this poem (THE MUSINGS OF A LOVER by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vintage Postal Stamp, Doris Beaulieu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns