The Mountain King
Ah, the fugue and pizzicato
Hearken to the flute and strings
Listen to Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite
In the Hall of The Mountain King.
Fill your heart with the great Vivaldi
Concerto in 'C' for trumpet and strings
Lend an ear to Sibelius...Finlandia
And Schumann's romantic symphonies.
Call for the music from over the sea
And you will find peace and tranquility
Beautiful sopranos will sing for thee
Soothing your mind with melody...
Oh the choirs of gentle voices
Singing their madrigals of spring
But ah, the fugue and pizzicato
In the Hall of the Mountain King.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mountain King by Joyce Hemsley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Home, 107 tshepzen
- Inanity (2014), MILTON STYNER
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..