The Mountain King
Ah, the fugue and pizzicato
Hearken to the flute and strings
Listen to Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite
In the Hall of The Mountain King.
Fill your heart with the great Vivaldi
Concerto in 'C' for trumpet and strings
Lend an ear to Sibelius...Finlandia
And Schumann's romantic symphonies.
Call for the music from over the sea
And you will find peace and tranquility
Beautiful sopranos will sing for thee
Soothing your mind with melody...
Oh the choirs of gentle voices
Singing their madrigals of spring
But ah, the fugue and pizzicato
In the Hall of the Mountain King.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mountain King by Joyce Hemsley )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey