The Missing Thing
He told his love he loved her
and still she turned away.
He brought her diamonds shining bright
and thought that she would stay.
He gave her everything he had
and wondered what was wrong?
He never understood that what she wanted
was just to hear his song.
A song to captivate her heart,
a song to keep her still,
a song to satisfy the part
that nothing else could fill.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Missing Thing by Edwina Reizer )
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA