The Melancholy Journey
No sign of a blush, no stir in the air_ in the solitary,
The man was still as he could be in the dark vicinity.
He flew from his heaven, but received no further motion,
As the keel gets steady in the vast ocean.
Without either sign or sound of at least a bug,
Only what he could do was just to shrug.
So gradually he rose but suddenly fell,
Down went his every jewel.
Crawling he moved for any sound of a nightingale,
But the poor was waited by a violent gale.
He was swung & thrown onto the plank at the rageful waves,
He took fright & cried but around he could see was just the land of graves.
Paltry was then taken among rocks and cavern,
He started proclaiming_ but now it was unavailing.
Then, he came across the tremorous scene of sheen,
Trembling he went towards the Supreme Being.
Oh God! Pardon pleaded the human being,
All his proclaiming & roaring, so ended in mourning.
He was made to vail because it was all in vain,
Indeed it_ a melancholy of his vainglory.
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Melancholy Journey by Shaikh Mehmood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Grumpy morning, oskar hansen
- I Wanna Marry You, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- i'll churn the butter while you fish, Mandolyn Davidson
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman