The Melancholy Journey
No sign of a blush, no stir in the air_ in the solitary,
The man was still as he could be in the dark vicinity.
He flew from his heaven, but received no further motion,
As the keel gets steady in the vast ocean.
Without either sign or sound of at least a bug,
Only what he could do was just to shrug.
So gradually he rose but suddenly fell,
Down went his every jewel.
Crawling he moved for any sound of a nightingale,
But the poor was waited by a violent gale.
He was swung & thrown onto the plank at the rageful waves,
He took fright & cried but around he could see was just the land of graves.
Paltry was then taken among rocks and cavern,
He started proclaiming_ but now it was unavailing.
Then, he came across the tremorous scene of sheen,
Trembling he went towards the Supreme Being.
Oh God! Pardon pleaded the human being,
All his proclaiming & roaring, so ended in mourning.
He was made to vail because it was all in vain,
Indeed it_ a melancholy of his vainglory.
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Melancholy Journey by Shaikh Mehmood )
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
- A Painful Extraction, Greg Costello
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns