Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
The Meaning of Love
Both light and shadow
are the dance of Love.
Love has no cause;
it is the astrolabe of God's secrets.
Lover and Loving are inseparable
Although I may try to describe Love
when I experience it I am speechless.
Although I may try to write about Love
I am rendered helpless;
my pen breaks and the paper slips away
at the ineffable place
where Lover, Loving and Loved are one.
Every moment is made glorious
by the light of Love.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Meaning of Love by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- THE PRETTY CAMELS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dear, sabelo khumalo
- cHoPpIng wIth EaT sTiCKs, sEaN nOrTh
- Happy Birthday Sister, Srivishnu Rentala
- Where The Nation Is Mine!, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- If You Do Not Cultivate Your Woman, Ronell Warren Alman
- Sri Lankan Leapord (Kotiya), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Feels Of Love..., John Ugolo Umah
- The Same Old Story, Nassy Fesharaki
- Green, sEaN nOrTh