The Master Plan
Come look into my eyes
You will see the reflection of my soul..
there is a change
It might be my age?
the doctors say it is normal
The child in me knows its forever true.
I wait with stinging heart
for the outcome of your visit
I shall not give up!
My bones ache with every passing year- you wait
for peaceful sleep
I lie awake in mourning
for your deprived slumber.
I hold on tight... to the linking piece and map of you?
Shall we both let go?
For I have falling into... you!
Iv pulled the weeds from your concrete bed!
to tame the land where your fingers bled?
The signposts always gave a clue!
to the missing shape I found in you
when all is lost and soul is gone
a suitcase of memories lingers on.
The light of love is in the eyes
of all who seek the watchful kind?
My hand now shown for all to see
If you are all I claim you be?
I have nothing now to loose
but tell my tale to folk like you.
When asked my gain for labor lost
I'll show the lamb beneath the rot
For all I am you gave to me
when hope was lost but truth was free
I saw the print of You
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Master Plan by Martina Moriarty )
- True Poetry Is Like A Rose, Denis Martindale
- Lovely butterflies Fly by, See I, Harindhar Reddy
- Believe and trust, hasmukh amathalal
- The Dumb Honest Judges, julius lenjatin
- Alluring Beauty with Thorns (A Lovely Ro.., Harindhar Reddy
- Stars Studded the Sky (cinquain), Harindhar Reddy
- Waltz of a Dream, Nathalie Handal
- La Movida, Nathalie Handal
- Scary and Nightmarey Ghost Walked, Harindhar Reddy
- I give You the Love of Calla-lily, Harindhar Reddy
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)