The Master Plan
Come look into my eyes
You will see the reflection of my soul..
there is a change
It might be my age?
the doctors say it is normal
The child in me knows its forever true.
I wait with stinging heart
for the outcome of your visit
I shall not give up!
My bones ache with every passing year- you wait
for peaceful sleep
I lie awake in mourning
for your deprived slumber.
I hold on tight... to the linking piece and map of you?
Shall we both let go?
For I have falling into... you!
Iv pulled the weeds from your concrete bed!
to tame the land where your fingers bled?
The signposts always gave a clue!
to the missing shape I found in you
when all is lost and soul is gone
a suitcase of memories lingers on.
The light of love is in the eyes
of all who seek the watchful kind?
My hand now shown for all to see
If you are all I claim you be?
I have nothing now to loose
but tell my tale to folk like you.
When asked my gain for labor lost
I'll show the lamb beneath the rot
For all I am you gave to me
when hope was lost but truth was free
I saw the print of You
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Master Plan by Martina Moriarty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Re: Your Poetic License Renewal Applicat.., John F. McCullagh
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz
- Merry Merry Christmas, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Milk toast, Cee Bea
- We are all, Swrji Basumatary
- Kada Poem I, Nicholas Crowson