Nay only in the precious sleep
you will able, my dear,
ride on the cloud,
fly in the heaven,
touch to mysterious
take the ticket
for the train to heavenly Osh and Paris
you might only when you fast asleep.
But look for this happy bird,
hear me, martin might to sleep in the sky!
yes, sure in the same gardens
that have access for us
only in rare and marvelous dreams,
maybe one or two time coming to us,
what we are waiting for
all our lives,
this swift creature used
with such pragmatic and ordinary way.
Clouds for him
as a nice clean pillow for us,
As a feather bed
that nicely supports him
when he so sweetly slept
with widely open sharp wings.
And before absorbing by forlorn
he ascend to high in heaven
protecting himself from felling down.
Something similar we are done also
making bed on sofa conveniently and protective
save himself from slipping down
as it happened in childhood,
when we fall down
and awoken by unfogetfull nighmares
as if we were slipping to abreast.
O that marvelous wanderer of heaven,
he seems has joked by our dreams,
fears and eternal desires
to flying and reach the heaven
and using it so prosaic.
But one thing very curious for me.
if he would sleep in the blue height.
which the dream he have seen,
what about desired else
when he sleep right in the cloud
amid the our unreachable
immortal dreams, hopes and desires?
Zamir Osorov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The martin by Zamir Osorov )
- The Belles of Mauchline, Robert Burns
- Bhai Phonta, Brother's Paste, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Lord a-Hunting he is gane, Robert Burns
- Lines on the Author's Death, Robert Burns
- Verses on Captain Grose, Robert Burns
- Eyes they see, Diplove gautam
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)