The Marriage of Dawn
Dawn dressed in darkness
Welcomes the lights of wedding
The day two hearts joining together
Two souls joining together
Bound by love.
A wedding is the entrance to a marriage
Stepping from a fairy tale carriage
Into quite ordinary air.
The realization comes,
Life is a beautiful dance
Requiring intense coordination.
The hearts are beating
Slightly faster than others,
Nervousness seeps through
For both the groom and the bride
Awaiting the great moment
Two selves, one life; two notes, one harmony
Loving not just one, but both of you.
Friends and family
In the wedding bliss
To wish them love
To wish them happiness
To wish them great future together.
We wish them to find
Joy is in the simple things
Like coming home knowing,
When your eyes meet and no words need to be said.
They already knew
Long before the sound of wedding bells
Love for each other till the very end
Still, we wish them love for each other till the very end.
So, let us listen to the sound of wedding bells
And join in the rhythm of joy
In the celebration of love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Marriage of Dawn by Yuvarani Sami )
- Villanelle, Peter Jay Shippy
- First comes a riddle, Ahmed Tawfik
- My Father was a Farmer: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- It's Hard to Imagine That Nothing At All.., Peter Jay Shippy
- How cruel are the parents, Robert Burns
- Things change, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lines to an Old Sweetheart, Robert Burns
- To Miss Ferrier, enclosing Elegy on Sir .., Robert Burns
- Rhyming Reply to a Note from Captain Rid.., Robert Burns
- I Murder hate, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns