The Mad Duck
Alex Karras, as a young kid
Did join the high school football team,
So older brother, Teddy, did
Not further smack his self esteem,
Using him as a punching bag.
Football or else Teddy did say.
Alex thought football was a drag,
And Alex did not want to play.
But life with Teddy could be grim.
Football basics were kinda hard.
First day, the coach had to tell him
A jock strap is not a nose guard.
To football fame went The Mad Duck,
Ruffled feathers and gave a pluck.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mad Duck by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
Poem of the Day
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires
- mockingbird, oskar hansen
- Villanelle The Fake or the Phoney thrive.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Looking at love, David Cadywold
- The Course Of A Butterfly, Maurice Harris
- Nothing else, Cee Bea
- She Is So Trendy, Rohit Sapra
- My Brother Atilla the Hun [Cor.], Margaret Alice Second