The lovely Why
Why our feelings seek for someone!
Why can’t we be contended alone!
Why this emptiness arise in our chests!
Why an unknown guilt harbor in our breasts!
Why our expressions become so pale!
Why those happy emotions die!
Why our eyes freeze at some thoughts!
Why they tear without reason aught!
Why the flowery spring turns grey!
Why the fragrance vanish in a gloomy day!
Why our manly willingness bows!
Why that joyful voice mourns!
Why the burden leaps with dawn!
Why the sorrow dwells in night!
Why the Sun shines so dull!
Why the dark covers the moon!
Why the human looses the soul!
Why the lips never smile!
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The lovely Why by Shaikh Mehmood )
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)