The lovely Why
Why our feelings seek for someone!
Why can’t we be contended alone!
Why this emptiness arise in our chests!
Why an unknown guilt harbor in our breasts!
Why our expressions become so pale!
Why those happy emotions die!
Why our eyes freeze at some thoughts!
Why they tear without reason aught!
Why the flowery spring turns grey!
Why the fragrance vanish in a gloomy day!
Why our manly willingness bows!
Why that joyful voice mourns!
Why the burden leaps with dawn!
Why the sorrow dwells in night!
Why the Sun shines so dull!
Why the dark covers the moon!
Why the human looses the soul!
Why the lips never smile!
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The lovely Why by Shaikh Mehmood )
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis