The lovely Why
Why our feelings seek for someone!
Why can’t we be contended alone!
Why this emptiness arise in our chests!
Why an unknown guilt harbor in our breasts!
Why our expressions become so pale!
Why those happy emotions die!
Why our eyes freeze at some thoughts!
Why they tear without reason aught!
Why the flowery spring turns grey!
Why the fragrance vanish in a gloomy day!
Why our manly willingness bows!
Why that joyful voice mourns!
Why the burden leaps with dawn!
Why the sorrow dwells in night!
Why the Sun shines so dull!
Why the dark covers the moon!
Why the human looses the soul!
Why the lips never smile!
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The lovely Why by Shaikh Mehmood )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak