Jameel Ahmed Ansari
The Lovely Glance
She glanced at me,
I stared at her,
I looked in her eyes,
She ignored my sight
She looked back again,
My eyes weren't there,
She stared at me,
I didn't look at her
I felt I had missed her lovely stare,
So made my mind to keep staring at her,
I continued to gaze her lovely eyes,
She made an attempt to ignore my gazing eyes.
A contact of the eyes was so hard to come by,
The eyes kept playing the game of spies,
We both understood what we were searching for,
Still we didn't get what we were looking for.
The hide n seek was about to end,
the eyes became stable again,
the impatient eyes were calm now,
they made a vow to have a look now.
Suddenly there was a change in the scene,
a selfish obstacle had come in between,
it blocked a pretty viewing,
and the lovely eyes were no more there to be seen.
A smile is what I just was looking for,
her eyes is what my eyes kept searching for.
It started so well,
it ended so sad,
But one thing she did,
Was she left me mad!
Jameel Ahmed Ansari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lovely Glance by Jameel Ahmed Ansari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar