Chess dela Cruz
The Lovely Flight
Suddenly a bird appeared at my sight
I paused staring at its flight.
It continued to fly and fly.
Later it was up high in the sky.
It never tired me gazing that lovely flight.
It soon disappeared and was completely out of sight.
I turned at standstill with my eyes at the sky,
wishing the bird back in the sky.
The empty sky filled me with sorrow.
I saw the twilight and complete darkness followed.
Finally the night was calling for a rest.
I reminded myself the next day I will be at my desk.
The morning came with so much promise once more.
Oh what a surprise, I saw the bird once more!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lovely Flight by Chess dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan