Chess dela Cruz
The Lovely Flight
Suddenly a bird appeared at my sight
I paused staring at its flight.
It continued to fly and fly.
Later it was up high in the sky.
It never tired me gazing that lovely flight.
It soon disappeared and was completely out of sight.
I turned at standstill with my eyes at the sky,
wishing the bird back in the sky.
The empty sky filled me with sorrow.
I saw the twilight and complete darkness followed.
Finally the night was calling for a rest.
I reminded myself the next day I will be at my desk.
The morning came with so much promise once more.
Oh what a surprise, I saw the bird once more!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lovely Flight by Chess dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Havoc, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- So what next, Michael Mullings
- I Dance And Smile At The Sound Of Your V.., Ronald Chapman
- Power, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- I Caught A Little Rhyme (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- If you'll happen to remember me, Sebenzile Mamba
- I Asked, Ronald Chapman
- God Looks in, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am The Sky, Ronald Chapman
- I Am Sunshine, Ronald Chapman