Jameel Ahmed Ansari
The Lost Data
My six years of data is lost
What the hell,
My college days, the Cogni days,
The Gangtok trip, the goa trip,
It’s lost, ya it’s lost
80 GB oh no,
It was worth much more,
What a pity, it’s no more
My poems, her pics, my pics
My book, my codes,
Goddamn hell all is lost.
It pricks when I think,
It haunts when I go back
I fail to believe that it’s lost
U won’t know how much it means to me,
U won’t ever know how valuable it was,
I just want it back at any cost.
Just a mere data it was,
But it had my emotions attached,
Oh God it’s horrible to think that it’s lost
I didn’t slap neither did I scold her,
I have controlled my anger
I cried last night to put up with the loss.
I feel sad and ripped apart,
I know I won’t get it back,
The only thing I can do is to look forward.
NB: The other day my sis somehow formatted all the drives of my machine which had data dating back the past 6 years. Unfortunately I had not taken the backup. I was just blank and annoyed after seeing that. So thought of writing my feelings at that point.
Jameel Ahmed Ansari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lost Data by Jameel Ahmed Ansari )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)