The Lion And The Mouse
Once the lion was overly bored
He caught a little mouse for fun
For food it was to be ignored
So he did let it freely run.
The mouse expressed appreciation
As the lion allowed it to speak
Such a mercy in this wild relation
Was in nature extremely unique.
Time passed on, once the lion was captured
In the hunters’ strongest linen rope
And for the mightiest beast of great rapture
To get free there was no real hope.
But the destiny showed controvercy
In this moment the mouse was around
For the lion’s good act of a mercy
It chewed through the ropes he was bound.
So discussing the meaning inside
In this poetic phylosophy session
It is true that might has always right
But never know in whose kind possession
Tanya Ivanova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Lion And The Mouse by Tanya Ivanova )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck