I am the light at the end of fronts and boundaries,
Fixing the scores of people, like a lantern of trust.
I befriend the leagues for their involvement,
And stresses are in the effects of a day.
Wednesday masters my wedding plans,
And the next day is loathing the loaf of bread.
I am the lantern of such trust, according to the bible,
Inside the islands of jugs and cups, the reign continues.
I am the light at all costs, little are the prices they spring,
As the small coasts are treasures for the under aged,
And where do they cast their tongues?
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Light by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just A Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- When We Play The Fool, Edgar Albert Guest
- Winter Again, Frank Avon
- A Fragment, Radclyffe Hall
- Comparisons, Radclyffe Hall
- The Lost Word, Radclyffe Hall
- The Final Morbidity of the Interior Embe.., Henry Splawn Taylor
- Líneas Inolvidables de Mamá, nikka mee farillon
- No Chance Of Escape, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On The Potomac River U.S.A., Radclyffe Hall