The life with fortunes is inconsistent!
Caressing amiable relatives, extensive wealth,
pleasing beauty and the pride of high breed shall come
along while the Goddess of fortune comes in your favor!
In situations while the Goddess of fortune leaves away,
all you had acquired also goes with her! The life with
the relatives, wealth, beauty and pride is inconsistent!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The life with fortunes is inconsistent! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'moothurai' by Poetess AVVAI of 12th century.
மருவினிய சுற்றமும் வான்பொருளும் நல்ல
உருவும் உயர்குலமு மெல்லாம் - திருமடந்தை
ஆம்போ தவளோடு மாகும் அவள்பிரிந்து
போம்போ தவளொடு போம்.29 – மூதுரை
Comments about this poem (The life with fortunes is inconsistent! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Ernest Christopher Dowson
(2 August 1867 – 23 February 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)