The life with fortunes is inconsistent!
Caressing amiable relatives, extensive wealth,
pleasing beauty and the pride of high breed shall come
along while the Goddess of fortune comes in your favor!
In situations while the Goddess of fortune leaves away,
all you had acquired also goes with her! The life with
the relatives, wealth, beauty and pride is inconsistent!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The life with fortunes is inconsistent! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'moothurai' by Poetess AVVAI of 12th century.
மருவினிய சுற்றமும் வான்பொருளும் நல்ல
உருவும் உயர்குலமு மெல்லாம் - திருமடந்தை
ஆம்போ தவளோடு மாகும் அவள்பிரிந்து
போம்போ தவளொடு போம்.29 – மூதுரை
Comments about this poem (The life with fortunes is inconsistent! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)