The Life of a War Horse
The horses I remember as a child were very big working horses,
not nervous like race horses who need a rub down and soft words
before racing. I remember specially a giant tanned coloured horse
left behind after the Nazi occupiers, it was a victim of war.
The Nazi leaders who were fonder of animals than people, just like
the British, had given the horse an animal iron cross, and had its
flanked and neck stroked by Herman Goering no less; but it was
never taken in by this barmy philosophy.
Alas, the horse belonged to a survivor in Holland, it was shipped to
the Middle East ploughing soil that hitherto had been tilled, by grey
donkeys, ploughing shallow sandy soil. Than it happened having been
exposed to so many confusing ideologies the horse bolted and kicked
the farmer to death. There was a court case it was proven the horse
was racially biased and sentenced to become legitimate dog food.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Life of a War Horse by oskar hansen )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)