The last romance
I am losing time trying to read your mind,
Bring your heart’s desire into the light,
The love we have is so very hard to find
The moment is right; let's romance tonight.
I wonder if we can recapture that pleasure
Put a star in the sky and see the sparkle your eyes,
Secrets we shared will last beyond this hour
Love fulfilling all our twilight desires.
The time we spent is filled with fragrance.
Awaiting dreams to float into our mind,
Serenading moments of magical trance,
Every touch paints a portrait refined.
The last romance tuning heart strings to melody
Music replayed rekindles the burning fire,
That weaves and moves between wanton entity,
The flying fairies take our soul higher.
The last romance where seraphs join our dance,
Eternity veils in shades of their silken wings
Swept up to heaven by the breeze in a glance
To a vernal throne glass designed with songs.
Fragrant rose from embers of fires that lived on,
All that we shared is strewn in a forest of shade
Till the day when our soul is ruptured at dawn
Resurrection dusts in the sky to invade.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The last romance by Gerry Legister )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty