The Last Breathe That I Take
With every decision that I make
With every last breathe that I take
I’ll be loving you.
There is no distance or obstacle that I wouldn’t climb
To make you mine.
Wouldn’t you like me to hold you in my arms?
And whisper all my love to you
And know that every word is true.
I would love you till the last breathe that I take
Even when I’m sleeping, and more when I’m awake.
Because of you I learned what love is about
Of that I have no doubt.
With just a hello and a simple smile
You have made my life worthwhile.
You opened my eyes to possibilities
Of things that I could not see.
You are my first breathe in the morning
And my last breathe at night, and gave me
The will to continue this fight.
How can I love you more than I do?
When you have made all my dreams come true.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Last Breathe That I Take by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Shadows of the dead., SAK Reddy
- A Fool Hides, Matthew Petranovich
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah
- Advice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Out Of Hearing Distance, Lawrence S. Pertillar