The Land of Trope
The Northern Territory's
Earnt qualities of trope
Have made me qualify the name
To Northern Terratrope.
South Australia too
Though not so trope-endowed
Is by no means trope-astray-
In a little-bro-big-bro-big-bro-little-bro way.
We've often thought of name change:
My favorite, 'South Sandwich Meat'.
But now the North is called The Trope,
'The Meat' I will delete
And call it Southern Terratrope.
O Ntropy and Stropy,
With names we'll have our day.
Miss N Trope hates folks.
Just call me Strop, OK?
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Land of Trope by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal