The lady in light brown silk gown
Behind her dark shades was
a longing for a hug she craved
for; since she misplaced a stone
that was beside her corner.
In limelight, hope glitters her
heart, with certainty of a reunion,
that would make her heart glow
like a rose.
Her seed of mind twinkle to a
direction; in anticipation of an
affection that seems distant.
Beautitudes rest assured in a
soul cherished by loveliness.
Make way for the mid-night rain,
sleep well on a sheet utterly
made for a mind, so blessed,
on crest valley so soft
like the pad on top
of her shoulder's, in a dress
she wore on a day tears dropped
like honey on a platform so weary
of pecks and hugs.
Topic of this poem: fashion
Anyi Nnaji's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The lady in light brown silk gown by Anyi Nnaji )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- The bad boy mentality, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..