Hamza Al Saieedy
The King's Joker: The Battle Of the Poets
Would they leave the palace gate?
Let the poets wait there, wait!
Send the ham and bring the wine,
Let them fight for one more line,
Will they write to the men's sake,
One is true, the rest are fake!
You’ll stand and sing for your king,
Will he gives you the gilded wing?
As royal knights you would leave!
Make the king enjoys his eve.
Say the truth and spare your lies,
Between his hands the men dies!
It's your faith don't be that nice!
Throw you dice and wait the price..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
and the way they say their poetry!
so.. I wanted to speak in their tongue! !
and I made a short story through the poem,
to give it a purpose and a real action..
Comments about this poem (The King's Joker: The Battle Of the Poets by Hamza Al Saieedy )
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns