Dorian Petersen Potter
The Kentucky Derby (Quatrains)
What a glorious day it is today,
As people of all ages are having fun,
Because the Kentucky Derby race,
Is taking place till the day is done.
You can really see all around the,
Throughbred beautiful horses, too,
That will be competing for the,
grand prize that they'll give today.
There are very large crowds everywhere, and,
Folks are laughing and making bets to,
For their favorite horses and everywhere, and,
You can feel their excitement mounting too.
You can see the jockeys walking around,
Displaying proudly all their best colors and silks too.
They all seem to be, more than ready for this race,
While taking last notes here and there to make things okay today.
Well, this wonderful race is about to start any moment now.
The horses are being prepared in every way, and that's true,
As they're all looking their very best from head to hoofs,
The winner will receive a very beautiful cup and great honors, too.
So many bets that are at stake here for so many today,
People are very excited, rushing all over the place to,
As the horses and their jockeys are getting ready now,
The jockeys are looking so proud atop the horses they'll ride, too.
The horses and jockeys are now set for this much awaited race,
They're all in line and in their position to start anytime to,
But it will take a long time for sure for this race to be over,
But already it looks like 'Blind Beauty' is about to make history today.
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Kentucky Derby (Quatrains) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - I love you so much from all my heart-, Ali Sabry
- - Come With Me My Lovely Princess-, Ali Sabry
- - I See You All The Rays Of The Sun-, Ali Sabry
- - You Taught Me A Lot Of Love-, Ali Sabry
- - When I Look At The Moon I Remember You.., Ali Sabry
- - When I Walk Alone In The Night I See Y.., Ali Sabry
- - There Isn't Impossible In Dreams & Love-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow