The Journey Home (Long)
I have heard the rabbits calling me,
To a far and better plaice,
It is what we do go hunting,
For the true and only taste.
Grab your guns and ammo,
Tell your children they'll be safe,
But this was your life coming,
So swiftly we'll give chase.
We in the doorway saw them,
They looked down- up our face,
Said they would go forward,
But here we would remain.
It was short along our journey,
Yet far along our way,
That the rabbits did go future,
And left without a trace.
Craig Jordan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey Home (Long) by Craig Jordan )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar