M.D Dinesh Nair
THE IRONY OF A CONCEPT
Most of our lives are, I fear
Like the cinders that are
Neither coal nor ash in state!
They clog the roots of swaying carnations.
Our fears, like cheetahs, run faster than our thoughts.
Helplessly you and I tear off the last page
Of the books of our biography written in a hurry!
None has read the end of them.
I see a petaled coral that is green,
Which often hides the white death, the greatest leveller
And we perish drowning the hope for ever!
Like many rivers which have changed the course.
We live often without meaning or purpose,
With meandering and engulfing the cardinal designs.
We often see a homeless God wandering!
And in our gardens we accommodate Him for 'ever'.
In the midst of the ruins of burnt umber later
We see Him lost and we mourn over it
And His shrine is completed with an idol installed!
It remains closed within the walls shaded with mystery.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE IRONY OF A CONCEPT by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson