The Ignored Place (Dadaist Poem)
The growing grass slopes were surmounted
by the sky of death, by confused
thoughts and by a smoking moon.While taking a deep,
crouching breath, a greedy beast started
to eat the world.There
were incessantly blowing shadows
and a wind being emerged from them...
On a blind stitch of the night, the man was
following his yellow horse.
His outstretched hand painted
the horizon with gestures
while waiting to be filled with misery.The famine
driving through the naked reality became
the cry of this wind. Feared to see
and hoped to be
at the bottom of this unknown darkness with the levers
of stars threatening the horizon, the sadness
and the itchy confidences.
As a foot stone, his motionless horse
didn't seem to suffer.The old
man was talking alone.
about his wariness, about the depths,
and about the night of memories.
With brooding gestures, he tried to understand
the immensity of the unknown.
He pointed a vague and ignored place
populated by people.
The tabernacle wasn't accessible,
nor was it locked to hide a crouching god,
who wanted to bury his chin and his knees,
while he was staring his eyes off.
Some gusts itched the man's back,
This wind could grow while
the blown horizon constantly expanded.
A new dawn started to revive the dead sky
while huge flames were bloodying the darkness
without clarifying the unknown.
The man lit a candle.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Ignored Place (Dadaist Poem) by Marieta Maglas )
Did you read them?
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Help me please, Nassy Fesharaki
- Math Love, Jack Spurlock
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #13, Brian Johnston
- More Precious Than Gold, Erato
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #12, Brian Johnston
- The Thatch Hut., Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)