The Hurricane Breathe
Melancholy cloud lining the sky
With storm showers crying out loud,
The heavenly grief is a weepy canopy,
Shelter foggy dust when thunder is heard.
The passing breeze is earning its keep
Plunder the atmosphere sowing death,
A casket of misfortune in the harvest it reap,
From the hurricane melancholy breathe.
They burst their banks and the sea rises
Creeping unveil fast upon the land,
From the bottomless pit the rain disguises,
And the hurricane march strong upon the sand.
In the lap of nature birth strong winds
Leaving the sand fade back into dense rim,
Water that mighty hurricane sends,
Holds earth in the palm of its hand.
The duration catches people unprepared,
Trees and house falls into disrepair,
The passing breeze of danger we all feared,
Came and took our plans into deeper despair.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Hurricane Breathe by Gerry Legister )
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Gupta
- If Only, Kshitiz Gupta
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)