The Hurricane Breathe
Melancholy cloud lining the sky
With storm showers crying out loud,
The heavenly grief is a weepy canopy,
Shelter foggy dust when thunder is heard.
The passing breeze is earning its keep
Plunder the atmosphere sowing death,
A casket of misfortune in the harvest it reap,
From the hurricane melancholy breathe.
They burst their banks and the sea rises
Creeping unveil fast upon the land,
From the bottomless pit the rain disguises,
And the hurricane march strong upon the sand.
In the lap of nature birth strong winds
Leaving the sand fade back into dense rim,
Water that mighty hurricane sends,
Holds earth in the palm of its hand.
The duration catches people unprepared,
Trees and house falls into disrepair,
The passing breeze of danger we all feared,
Came and took our plans into deeper despair.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Hurricane Breathe by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra