The humanist funeral
The coffin is draped in the national flag
A mix of people who are happy and sad
This is a testament to the humanist stand
Welcome to a humanist funeral.
'Always look on the bright side of life'
Is played through the speakers to make you smile
We're told he was 'loving and good and kind'
This was his humanist funeral.
There'll be a beer at the end of the meeting
His legacy given to all as a greeting
A cheer up after your tears you'll be needing
After the humanist funeral.
The only thing spoken is what is the past
Nothing of hope and the things that will last
Logic expressed from the evolutionary blast
That is preached at the humanist funeral.
All of his friends have had a say
Of good times of the past that came his way
The coffin leaves to the tune of 'my way'
How sad the humanist funeral.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The humanist funeral by Peter Hall )
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)