The humanist funeral
The coffin is draped in the national flag
A mix of people who are happy and sad
This is a testament to the humanist stand
Welcome to a humanist funeral.
'Always look on the bright side of life'
Is played through the speakers to make you smile
We're told he was 'loving and good and kind'
This was his humanist funeral.
There'll be a beer at the end of the meeting
His legacy given to all as a greeting
A cheer up after your tears you'll be needing
After the humanist funeral.
The only thing spoken is what is the past
Nothing of hope and the things that will last
Logic expressed from the evolutionary blast
That is preached at the humanist funeral.
All of his friends have had a say
Of good times of the past that came his way
The coffin leaves to the tune of 'my way'
How sad the humanist funeral.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The humanist funeral by Peter Hall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya