The Homeless One
He shivers in the morning dew,
Blanket and shirt cast aside
Like the dawn shrugging off
The dark, lonely night.
Crouching in the dirt,
Talking to unseen people
As if surrounded by a throng
Of loved ones in his home.
He issues instructions -
Points which way to go;
Helping them to find their way
In a world we cannot see.
He eats from the garbage,
There's nowhere to wash;
He sleeps beneath the stars
On the cold, hard ground.
The cars drive past him;
Pedestrians look away.
They cannot be bothered
With the mad one today…
But what did Jesus tell us?
What was it that he said?
I was hungry and you gave me food…
Thirsty and you gave me drink.
- a stranger and you took me in;
Naked and you clothed me;
I was sick and you looked after me-
In prison and you came to me…
Help us to reach out, Lord;
To notice those in need;
If each of us helped one each day -
The world would see Your love.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Homeless One by Jinge Norvall )
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Quick Glance Of Atlanta, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Al-Quds' freedom حرية القدس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)