The Homecoming (In memory of my brother)
This homecoming of our children
(young men and women who we miss,
although we give them freedom) :
this family moment of returning youth -
brown with summer from the south,
full of stories, carefree -
this scene is precious, gemlike,
but for a presence in my memory
which whispers out its background lines:
'If I were still alive today,
I, too, would love such times.'
Robert Melliard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Homecoming (In memory of my brother) by Robert Melliard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson