.The Hero Within
Limit yourself to the easy
and the difficult you'll never try.
Easys need live on the fringe of the world
grubbing for nickels and dimes,
Claiming that life has dealt a cruel blow;
crying: the fault is not mine.
Heros need training to do the grand deeds
that earn them a hero's acclaim
It's setting your eye on the hero inside,
knowing you're fair to the game.
Knowing you've got what it takes to be tough
no matter how rough life may be.
I'm a hero, I know it! When my actions show it
it's because I'm a hero to me.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.The Hero Within by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass