The Herbalist: -
She deals with herbs,
She collects the rarest herbs,
She creates new drugs,
She burns the weeds,
She smokes weeds,
She bedecks her bun with flowers,
She allures us with bluish ferns,
She looks beautiful in each turn! !
She is the bewitching herbalist,
She lets me inhale wildflowers,
She exhales aromatic odor,
She reddens her lips with herbal color,
She heals me within an hour,
She entices me to have rain-shower,
She believes in her power,
I worship her endeavor,
She is my broodness healer! !
Her swift fingers collect saffrons,
Her eyes recognize the ideal rhododendrons,
She collects honey seducing the bees,
She picks reddish maple leaves.
Her grinder crushes the limes,
She marinates herbs with jasmines,
She decors her hut with cones of pines,
I love the way her chants whine! !
She applies dark kohl around her eyes,
She wears a crescent nose-pin
She applies oil on her messy fringes,
I notice the tiny tattoo on her chin;
In descent manner her ankle-bells ring.
I know it's a temporary fling,
Still, appearance of her lover makes my world spin.
She never ceases to surprise me,
She incredibly heals me,
Her presence makes me sane every time,
Her peaceful eyes appease me.
She is the ultimate healer,
She is my worry eraser,
She is the song of sparrow,
She is the sharpest arrow,
She's blotted all my sorrows.
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Herbalist by Jayeeta Shamsul )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Kill Anyone, Randy McClave
- the sun left a souvenir, signed and ever.., Mandolyn ...
- A Birdlime., Tony Adah
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi