The Heart and God
In these things we are more than conquers,
In every part of earth, we live in a binary world,
On angels wings, by self, or with principalities,
And wondered if we got there alone or with God?
The heart and God, is entwined in all humanity,
In the eyes of a globe, we see a mirror crystal clear,
Of sparkling flame makes paradise so incredible,
Burn as fire, hot coals bloom in the atmosphere.
Innumerable company beneath the dome of heaven,
The hope we bore in a trance; blessed blissfully,
An Inseparable mind hidden in the shield of passion,
Words we say, melody hung like stars within the galaxy.
Gathered the warbling tune clustered in our heart,
And mount the trail where joy and turmoil converge,
With praise sang to God serenading loves fuller note,
In dreams boldly arise spirit flight with courage.
And the heart for God in this wonderful world unite,
Stronger chain binds an inseparable love of loyalty,
Though we fail with sinful shadows betwixt the light,
Our lives define the beauty of nature and reality.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Heart and God by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas