The Heart and God
In these things we are more than conquers,
In every part of earth, we live in a binary world,
On angels wings, by self, or with principalities,
And wondered if we got there alone or with God?
The heart and God, is entwined in all humanity,
In the eyes of a globe, we see a mirror crystal clear,
Of sparkling flame makes paradise so incredible,
Burn as fire, hot coals bloom in the atmosphere.
Innumerable company beneath the dome of heaven,
The hope we bore in a trance; blessed blissfully,
An Inseparable mind hidden in the shield of passion,
Words we say, melody hung like stars within the galaxy.
Gathered the warbling tune clustered in our heart,
And mount the trail where joy and turmoil converge,
With praise sang to God serenading loves fuller note,
In dreams boldly arise spirit flight with courage.
And the heart for God in this wonderful world unite,
Stronger chain binds an inseparable love of loyalty,
Though we fail with sinful shadows betwixt the light,
Our lives define the beauty of nature and reality.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Heart and God by Gerry Legister )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Through it all, yvonne stine
- Let us do good, Luo Zhihai
- Ask the tree, Luo Zhihai
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas