The hawks will not rest.
They will hunt peace.
Talons sharp will pierce its innocent pleas.
The hideous beak will shred its flesh.
Peace will be pieced and diced,
White will be raped to red gory delight.
Fathers, mothers, lovers, children
On both sides of the fence will shiver,
Toil and live under the eyes of the vultures
Wondering when will they be sacrificed
To feed the bottomless hunger of the hawks avarice.
What freedom, what life, what love, what heart
When nations are pawned to the hawks of war.
I read the news on Pakistan posturing on using Tactical Nuclear weapons against India and India retaliating with the assurance of a complete annihilation. It is indeed a sad day today. I am not being biased when I say this, but Pakistan seems to have fallen into the hands of hawks and they are flaming the hawks in India. The people of Pakistan and the People of India will pay with the loss of their common civilisation because of their idiotic acceptance of the concept of partition on the platform of religion, when in reality they were are and remain one people.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hawks. by Hardik Vaidya )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Obama...God....And Brothers Castro - The.., James B. Earley
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What to do with this life?, gajanan mishra
- Shady Retreat..., Denis Martindale
- It is open, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Nature.Of free Will., SAK Reddy
- A Lasting Psalm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Catalyst, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide