The hawks will not rest.
They will hunt peace.
Talons sharp will pierce its innocent pleas.
The hideous beak will shred its flesh.
Peace will be pieced and diced,
White will be raped to red gory delight.
Fathers, mothers, lovers, children
On both sides of the fence will shiver,
Toil and live under the eyes of the vultures
Wondering when will they be sacrificed
To feed the bottomless hunger of the hawks avarice.
What freedom, what life, what love, what heart
When nations are pawned to the hawks of war.
I read the news on Pakistan posturing on using Tactical Nuclear weapons against India and India retaliating with the assurance of a complete annihilation. It is indeed a sad day today. I am not being biased when I say this, but Pakistan seems to have fallen into the hands of hawks and they are flaming the hawks in India. The people of Pakistan and the People of India will pay with the loss of their common civilisation because of their idiotic acceptance of the concept of partition on the platform of religion, when in reality they were are and remain one people.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hawks. by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra