The hawks will not rest.
They will hunt peace.
Talons sharp will pierce its innocent pleas.
The hideous beak will shred its flesh.
Peace will be pieced and diced,
White will be raped to red gory delight.
Fathers, mothers, lovers, children
On both sides of the fence will shiver,
Toil and live under the eyes of the vultures
Wondering when will they be sacrificed
To feed the bottomless hunger of the hawks avarice.
What freedom, what life, what love, what heart
When nations are pawned to the hawks of war.
I read the news on Pakistan posturing on using Tactical Nuclear weapons against India and India retaliating with the assurance of a complete annihilation. It is indeed a sad day today. I am not being biased when I say this, but Pakistan seems to have fallen into the hands of hawks and they are flaming the hawks in India. The people of Pakistan and the People of India will pay with the loss of their common civilisation because of their idiotic acceptance of the concept of partition on the platform of religion, when in reality they were are and remain one people.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hawks. by Hardik Vaidya )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Tree, Cee Bea