The Grass is Never Greener
Standing on one side, wishing for the other,
How beautiful the view,
Looking on something, that shouldn’t exist,
Such an easy thing to do.
Never enough liquid to fill ones cup,
Once he’s had the taste,
No satisfaction in having the most,
A game of greedy waste.
Just one more acre, over the hill,
Complete with flowing stream,
Maybe one more off to the west,
This life is false with dream.
Stumbled and fell along the way,
Losing sight of the true vision,
Happiness can never be found,
In a moment of wrong decision.
Having enough to survive this day,
A gift to hold and cherish,
Tomorrow may bring the end,
Compassion before we perish.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Grass is Never Greener by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Victory is ours, gajanan mishra
- Teacher, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara