The Grammar of Poetry
The grammar of poetry, where is it,
You say it to me,
In rhetoric and prosody
And its hard and fast rules,
Putting poetry into the chains
Chained and shackled
Or poetic statements, sweet and simple?
If you had to be a grammarian, better it is you had followed
The books of grammar
Rather than poetry
And in the company of, one becomes,
Gets disciplined and schooled,
Just in course of time.
A proofreader, we cannot hire about as we are
Never sure of our poetic stance,
We the practising poets publish, mail, pack and despatch,
Leave it today,
We are e-mailing empty-handed,
Just the tongue clicking,
Putting up cheaper blogs like hoardings to
Sorry, I am not an adman,
I just believe in extempore writing and extempore posting,
The printer's devils will definitely go away
When the text isds put to not a rigorous
But even a cursory revision.
Poet Other Poems
- The Communists
- How Long Will The Hero Go Beating The ...
- I Do Not Know What To Tell You
- I See The Flowers
- The Dance School Boys & Girls
- I Do not Know Who Is What?
- What is love? (The Red Rose And Its Pet...
- “Why Does He Read So Much, Remain Lost I... -new-
- A Beautiful Girl
- A Beautiful Girl, A Beautiful Tale
- A Beautiful Heart
- A Beautiful Life, You Are Destroying Wit...
- A Beauty To See Or A Red Rose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.