The Golden of the Dark Lake
Day school is over,
All lessons are learnt and to be applied in unknown.
All lights absorbed by the lake to be reflected tomorrow.
As I entered, it was cooler but then it was gradually warming.
All the good seats were taken by lovers
And I had to keep walking
Till I found a good one by the one, ours,
Taken down by the beautifiers.
At my back went the railway tracks,
Sometimes trains, so much more than toys.
I looked upon the lake, the street beyond,
The homes and the shops across.
The brightest of them were jewelers
With their dreams luminous on the lake.
It is not as deep as I see it
But it is deep enough to keep my stories drowned in peace.
The nights don’t kiss those who miss
The train I never boarded.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Golden of the Dark Lake by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...