Mujtaba 'mujzvi' Rizvi
The gift of childhood
Ever since I was a little boy, I always wanted to grow up,
I was fed up of being ordered around and being told to shut up.
I never liked being small and I always hated school,
I always wanted to use a pen and never like pencil as my tool.
I wanted to go to tutions and never liked self study,
I always wanted to have friends outside school and have a true buddy.
I always wanted to use face-washes and never like the 'kids toothbrush',
I always wanted to have a life full of excitement and rush.
I wanted to wear casual clothes to school and never liked PT,
But little did I know that this phase of my life I would again never see.
Eight years on, I got what I had always wished for,
I wish I was a bit careful with the wishes because I am having a war.
I hate being 'BIG' and now I miss school,
I hate the using the pen and I dont mind the pencil as my tool.
Tutions are pathetic and self study is better,
There are no such things as a true buddy because everyone's a traitor.
Pimples are disheartening and face-washes have ruined my face,
My life is such a big rush that I dont have time to tie my lace.
Casual clothes are a bore and you dont know what to wear,
You waste a lot of time thinking but all you do is stare.
I wish I hadnt asked for all those things, I wish I was still a kid,
I wish I could do all those things again which I always did.
My life's a complete mess and I wonder where did it all go wrong,
I look back and I realize I am somewhere where I never belong.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The gift of childhood by Mujtaba 'mujzvi' Rizvi )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland
- Come Be With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Change And Hope? What A Joke., Michael P. McParland
- Candy, Michael P. McParland