The Gap Between Your Dreams
Re. space and time
(more the latter, perhaps)
and the use of 'often' and 'frequently',
when transcribing a text
I substitute the five-letter adverb for the ten.
There is consensus
that both suggest regular recurrence
but the fiver does not stress
the degree of length of the interval between
to the degree the tenner does.
Whether in space or time,
the further the gap between, it seems,
the less you shall use the tenner,
the more shall it be the fiver
that modifies your dreams.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Gap Between Your Dreams by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak