The Full Moon in August
Over the ocean
The sailing full moon had glowed
In satin rosy pink blush.
The moon turned opal
And showed a happy smile
While the world around her
Suddenly she was sad
And it looked like diamond tears
Could soon start to fall.
Still her pure milky white face
Lit up the night
With shining love for all.
On the quiet water below her
Perhaps spilled from the twinkling sky,
In the heavens then
Again the bright moon smiled
And the sparkling stars were entranced.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Full Moon in August by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen