The Full Moon in August
Over the ocean
The sailing full moon had glowed
In satin rosy pink blush.
The moon turned opal
And showed a happy smile
While the world around her
Suddenly she was sad
And it looked like diamond tears
Could soon start to fall.
Still her pure milky white face
Lit up the night
With shining love for all.
On the quiet water below her
Perhaps spilled from the twinkling sky,
In the heavens then
Again the bright moon smiled
And the sparkling stars were entranced.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Full Moon in August by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki
- Shattered, Ana Rose Trazo