Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( The Flower)))
She's a standout in a ground full of weeds...
Tall-lithe stem-ever so green-
Dew covered leaves glisten in between-
A brillant blossom ablaze in this Pastoral scene;
A beauty so elegant-so very rare--
Filling the landscape that once was so bare...
With colours and perfumed aromas so very fair...
If you look very closely-They're simply everywhere;
Planted in the sod by Gods own hand--
For He 'tis the Creator of this green-natured land...
Such a Regal Beauty in the Garden-she stands--
He's given us this Flower-so very grand;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( The Flower))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr