Is It Poetry
The First Time I Was Raped In Prison It Was Not The Last
I did not know what to expect.
Being brought into this level seven prison.
Union correctional institution,
called the rock.
This was Raiford,
where death row was and still is.
Earl Grey was his name he was in for murder.
From a psychotropic drug induced sleep,
I was in his mouth before I woke up.
Never having been sodomized before the raw terror.
He was long and thick, my cries by the guards
I could not take it all in.
Some how I did find a way out in my head.
The slow stretching and tearing went on forever.
Who else but they no-one cared.
Some even smelled the stink.
This animal, is my shame.
Over and over again, I some how survived.
No one even cared.
Some of U.S. did not make it.
Suiciding by climbing the fences.
The A.R.Fifteens did the rest.
Every night I died a new death.
In Florida the executions were preferable,
to the rapes, no one knew about.
The wardens knew in the garden of dread, made of evil.
Some even took graft and more from some of us.
Other's we're still children under the age of eighteen.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Time I Was Raped In Prison It Was Not The Last by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- Walking Into The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pillow of the night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- O to be haunted!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Trembling glow-worm, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Magic word!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Haunting lines, Emmanuel George Cefai
- High, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Increasing distances, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Man of Snow, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Carrying On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)