Is It Poetry
The First Time I Was Raped In Prison It Was Not The Last
I did not know what to expect.
Being brought into this level seven prison.
Union correctional institution,
called the rock.
This was Raiford,
where death row was and still is.
Earl Grey was his name he was in for murder.
From a psychotropic drug induced sleep,
I was in his mouth before I woke up.
Never having been sodomized before the raw terror.
He was long and thick, my cries by the guards
I could not take it all in.
Some how I did find a way out in my head.
The slow stretching and tearing went on forever.
Who else but they no-one cared.
Some even smelled the stink.
This animal, is my shame.
Over and over again, I some how survived.
No one even cared.
Some of U.S. did not make it.
Suiciding by climbing the fences.
The A.R.Fifteens did the rest.
Every night I died a new death.
In Florida the executions were preferable,
to the rapes, no one knew about.
The wardens knew in the garden of dread, made of evil.
Some even took graft and more from some of us.
Other's we're still children under the age of eighteen.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Time I Was Raped In Prison It Was Not The Last by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- Future, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)