The First Step
Somewhere here on this mortal land,
Existed a state with barbaric head.
Where prejudice prevailed, rules were neglect.
Might ruled as right_ poor owed dread.
But among the men; with suffering hearts,
A valiant gazes towards the brute,
With falcon’s eyes_ Ulysses breast,
Near the savage approached the youth.
Before the edge of sharpest sword
Steady he stood by austere truth.
“When pen ousts the fright of sword,
Then people fear nadie but God.
No more the loot, ywis ye crook.
Enough ma tribe has faced the ruth! ”
Those were the dialogues by the stout,
That shamed unjust_ provoked his crowd.
He fought for the people, till his breath,
Thus harbored the revolt in their chests.
No else illumes the way for you,
Barriers are broken, when tries the resolute.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
1. Ulysses: A famous Greek hero.
2. Austere: Serious, severe.
3. Oust: To remove, to take place.
4. Nadie: No one, nobody (Origin Spanish) .
5. Ywis: Certainly, indeed.
6. Ye: You.
7. Stout: Brave.
8. Resolute: Firm, determined.
Comments about this poem (The First Step by Shaikh Mehmood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Decorating The Interior Of Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- fishing stream, lee fones
- Where is the tiger, gajanan mishra
- Only In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET, MOHAMMAD SKATI