The First Kiss.
Since my existence on earth.
I had longed for something...
The sweetest thing that could come,
Out of the lips of a princess.
For so long, I had waited for that moment
For my lips to touch hers...
Of sudden, the day came
Like the reality of a morning.
Her soft lips, pressed against mine
Sending its sweetness to my soul
As my heart melted in her sweet-bosom.
I kissed every sweet part of the lips,
Leaving nothing left
Until she begged to stop...
Like the reality of a morning,
This best moment became my worst,
As it was not in reality.
Segun Adebiyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Kiss. by Segun Adebiyi )
- Banter, Stephen Peter Mills
- Old House, Naveed Khalid
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns