PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
The Fire And The Flames...............
The fire never waits
For any consent;
Falls in love
Constricts with mighty green arms.
Like one huge primitive ancestor
Just pounces on a prey
At the first prowler’s sight - - - - -
Fed on pampering ghee
The ravenous long tongue
Lips up and laps up
The last marrow
Of an ill-fated victim!
The gutted remnants
Bears the blemish!
The insatiable desire
Delights in rings of smoke
Spiraling up ………………
The sinister aspect of
Devours a slab of peace!
Who will intercept
The onrush of the diabolical fire
And award a deemed punishment
To this fast blowing fire amidst
All the lands and waters?
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fire And The Flames............... by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Heat of the Moment, Hannah Bryson Price
- Small Men & Small Hearts As Contemporary.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Genocide, Nassy Fesharaki