The Feeling I Can't Explain
It wasn't love at first sight
We grew onto one another in time,
Now one look at him makes my day bright
All I want from him is to make him mine.
A scarlet blush creeps up my neck,
At even a mention of his peck,
And when our eyes meet, I panic!
My thoughts scatter as my heart gives a kick
Every thought, every word, everyday
I spend involves him and me,
I can't think straight whenever he stays
Images of him is all I see
One second I'm frozen, the next, I burn
I stumble and trip and fall and break
A touch from him makes my insides churn
He controls me, for Heaven's sake!
He understands, he cares, he's everything and more.
He sees me and knows me, no matter what I say.
He's graceful and charming, making my feeling's soar,
If you ask, I'm not okay.
I've been enchanted with the forbidden spell
That makes me a lunatic, insane!
This feeling is golden, like a bell
That chimes the feeling I can't explain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Feeling I Can't Explain by Cathy Zhang )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)