The Famous Game Of Life
The prison that we are put in, for years,
Always guarded by the super powers,
Sometimes prisoners become the guards,
While the guards are the prisoners,
Secured and guarded by the super powers,
Those are stronger than our will and silent whisper,
To crumble and scramble our simple wishes to be the lumps,
To choke our throat to prove that we are very weak and meek,
To tighten our chest to cloak our spirit to fight for its right,
To arrest our sense of self respect to escape from the paper box,
To chain our legs to the water pipe below the sink,
The change of guards are noted, while the prisoner siege,
Most prisoners outgrow the guards, as they age,
Most prisoners learn from the guards to be the sage of rage,
Most prisoners shed the tears to learn the lessons,
The game at the prison of earth is full of trouble and illusion.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Famous Game Of Life by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster