Chris Schleier (Cumming, Georgia)
The Fallen Man's Epiphany
Agency belongs to you
displayed in what you say and do
with strength of heart, and mind, and nerve
choose today whom you will serve:
Father of lies: death in disguise, or
King of the right: Lord of the light
Weakness, might: Black or white
Shades of grey nowhere in sight!
The choice is plain, distinct, and clear.
The time to mark the path is here!
Linger not on hopes and fears,
but let commitment garnish years!
With what power dare you seize
your duty's work, your very name?
Work with heart, work on your knees
or else you will remain the same.
Poet Other Poems
- (When I Soar) Swiftly Through the Veil
- A Running River to the Heart
- As The Darkness Fades Away
- Blessed Prophet, Chosen Seer
- Born Again
- Darkness, Doubt, and Fear Without
- Heartache May I leave Behind
- Here Wherein the Meadow Grows
- I Am Fire
- I See Her Dancing
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.