Chris Schleier, Jr.
The Fallen Man's Epiphany
Agency belongs to you
displayed in what you say and do
with strength of heart, and mind, and nerve
choose today whom you will serve:
Father of lies: death in disguise, or
King of the right: Lord of the light
Weakness, might: Black or white
Shades of grey nowhere in sight!
The choice is plain, distinct, and clear.
The time to mark the path is here!
Linger not on hopes and fears,
but let commitment garnish years!
With what power dare you seize
your duty's work, your very name?
Work with heart, work on your knees
or else you will remain the same.
Chris Schleier, Jr.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fallen Man's Epiphany by Chris Schleier, Jr. )
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)