The eyes of Love!
I see you standing there.
My mind goes into autopilot judgement mode.
Unaware of your past. I judge your future.
Forgive me bearded man with the sad, sad eyes.
I am no different from you.
A Life full of hopes and dreams.
Mistakes and falls.
My heart today breaks for you.
the lost dreams and visions that danced in your head when you were a wee child?
They still burn!
Teach me to understand.
I will not hold your hand as you walk this path.
But I will reach down and try to lift you up.
Oh bearded man with the sad, sad eyes. I almost missed you.
For I am looking into the eyes of my father.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The eyes of Love! by Vonda Overlie )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Suitcase full of dreams, Nicola Kelly
- No ordinary day, Nicola Kelly
- There was a middle aged woman, Nicola Kelly
- Tears of fears, Nicola Kelly
- Lady Luck, Nicola Kelly
- Nicky wasn't particularly picky, Nicola Kelly
- An ignoramus when it came to poetry, Nicola Kelly
- Where's my mini me, Nicola Kelly
- Xmas star, Nicola Kelly
- There was a woman from Hull, Nicola Kelly