The eyes of Love!
I see you standing there.
My mind goes into autopilot judgement mode.
Unaware of your past. I judge your future.
Forgive me bearded man with the sad, sad eyes.
I am no different from you.
A Life full of hopes and dreams.
Mistakes and falls.
My heart today breaks for you.
the lost dreams and visions that danced in your head when you were a wee child?
They still burn!
Teach me to understand.
I will not hold your hand as you walk this path.
But I will reach down and try to lift you up.
Oh bearded man with the sad, sad eyes. I almost missed you.
For I am looking into the eyes of my father.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The eyes of Love! by Vonda Overlie )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Your Possible Futures, Joseph Archer
- Winters Descent, Babbling Brookes
- Wintersummertime, Joseph Archer
- The ComeBack, Asma Riaz Khan
- Dreams, Sergio D'Amico
- Untitled (We Were On A Train), Joseph Archer
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath
- Colorful Dots-2, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- You, Joseph Archer
- दुखुनि मोदै हुगारनानै, Ronjoy Brahma