Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
The Envy Of Other People's Lives
THE ENVY OF OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES
The envy of other people’s lives
Of their loves of their successes
The envy of their youth and their hope
The envy of their abilities and their laughter,
All the envy
Is a shameful little thing
A source of sadness to myself -
It is such a vast world
With so many people
And so many lives
And so much I will never know-
Why can’t I just be quiet with what I am?
And let the others be what they are happily,
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.