The Envy Of Other People's Lives
THE ENVY OF OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES
The envy of other people’s lives
Of their loves of their successes
The envy of their youth and their hope
The envy of their abilities and their laughter,
All the envy
Is a shameful little thing
A source of sadness to myself -
It is such a vast world
With so many people
And so many lives
And so much I will never know-
Why can’t I just be quiet with what I am?
And let the others be what they are happily,
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Envy Of Other People's Lives by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner